When J. Crew started bringing in third-party goods into their stores, I'll admit that I was suddenly excited about items I'd never thought about before, specifically washed white canvas Converse Jack Purcells. Since then, their "In Good Company" series has become a significant part of their merchandise mix, especially in areas like men's jackets and footwear that are probably just easier to purchase than to develop and produce. At first, there were plenty of the American heritage/urban woodsmen pieces that one expects to find, from Barbour corduroy collar field jackets to Red Wing work boots. Lately, the goods have skewed more towards the classic coastal California/French New Wave cool - think K-Way jackets and Saturdays Surf swim trunks, all in bold blocks of sea greens and sky blues.
Here are five of my favorite pieces from their current selection:
1. Quoddy for J.Crew - Navy Cavalier Leather and Calico Suede Boat Moccasins in Ink Combo - $300
2. Corgi - Socks in Green - $32
3. Nanamica - Wind Parka in Ink Blue - $490
4. Miansai - Trice Bracelet in Slate Blue - $125
5. Saint James for J. Crew - Meridien II Hoodie - $285
Check out the whole assortment at jcrew.com